|A smart and energy saving heating system for your home that fits your needs for a pleasant living without worries.|
The SmartHeat international research project aims to provide a system that heats your home, room by room, based on the habitants' habits and preferences. The objective is to reach 30% savings in energy consumption while providing the same comfort.
The example animation above shows a user bringing and installing SmartHeat in his home. He then lives normally and while doing so, he teaches the system his preferences for heating. Not only does the system learn what temperatures he prefers, but also, for example, that the guest room is not used, and therefore is heated less.
Once some time has passed, the system will have learned to behave in harmony with the user, without complicated configuration phases.
When the user leaves his home, SmartHeat starts saving energy until a habitant comes back. Some time before, SmartHeat starts bringing the temperatures back to the preferences, providing the desired pleasant feeling the moment the habitant steps in.
The strength of SmartHeat is that the temperatures of each individual room is independent thanks to the use of smartTRV (smart Thermostat radiator valve) that controls each radiator separately. Thanks to their smart sensors and communication capabilities, all parameters are tailor made for the habitation and its occupants. In addition to that, the heating status can be checked and changed remotely.
The project's consortium is composed of 5 companies, 1 university and 2 end-user organisations. The members are based in Spain, Romania, Italy, Netherlands, Austria and Switzerland. Each partner is responsible for different aspects of the project, according to its own expertise.
- Université de Genève (CH): scientific research, mainly related to the location of the user and to the wearable sensors, and coordination of the project.
- ModoSmart (ES): internet of things technologies and technical coordination.
- MX-SI (ES): industrial design of the smartTRV.
- SensorID (IT): development of electronic modules and smartTRV integraton.
- terzStiftung (CH): gathering the users' needs and testing the system in Switzerland.
- EURAG Austria (AT): gathering the users' needs and conducting the tests in Austria.
- Gluk Advice (NL): marketing, dissemination and branding.
- Teamnet (RO): system development and integration.
- A BLE-Based Probabilistic Room-Level Localization Method
- Positioning Evaluation and Ground Truth Definition for Real Life Use Cases
- Online Self-Calibration of the Propagation Model for Indoor Positioning Ranging Methods
- Practical Evaluation and Tuning Methodology for Indoor Positioning Systems
- Robust Ultrasound-Based Room-Level Localization System Using COTS Components